Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I dream of icecream

OK, OK. I stayed up way too late last night (4:30 am). Hmmm, let me rephrase that, I stayed up way too early this morning. Nope. Still doesn't sound right. Either way, I was up. Finally I went to sleep only to get up and help Lala get a breakfast snack and milk in my semi-coma state and then fall flat on my face to return to sleeping. My kid is awesome. She has a way of knowing when Mommy just needs an extra hour to get a little bit of rest so I can be a good mommy. She makes me want to have more kids. Then she has a tantrum or whines like no one's business and I rethink the whole want for more kids.

So here's how our day went. Our friends, Cole and Dani, decided we all needed to do something today. Cole is a teacher and is off during the summer. Dani took the day off of work. Have I mentioned that I work from home? That I am self employed? No? Well, I do. Some days I'm over my head with stuff to do and then there are the other days when I am twiddling my thumbs and playing sidewalk chalk with Lala. Any who, we all met up for lunch at Chickfia so the kids could beat each other, oops, I mean play while we ate and talked about this and that. Finally after the beatings were over we headed out to finish some other non-necessary errands. Ah, but alas we found the Brewster's and got us all a cone. The kids were hillarious, especially Rotten who is only 18 months. He proceeded to hold his ice cream cone in all kinds of directions before finally losing it to the sidewalk. When the ice cream fell off he looked at it for a long time. The expression on his face was one of "well, don't just lay there, get back on this cone and also a little bit of how the hell did that happen?". Priceless. He's a cutie. After the kids had covered their clothes with the yummy treat we decided it was time to head home.

And that's about it until the hubby came home. Not too exciting today. Tomorrow doesn't look so promising either. I am excited about Friday though. It's our 5 year anniversary. Now to find something nice for him. Any suggestions?

No comments: