Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Feelin that Holiday spirit

Husband bought me the new Josh Groban cd Noel. I'm loving the songs on it. It would have been nice if he had included "O Holy Night" on there as well, but no big deal since I bought it on I Tunes.

I love this time of the year. Family and friends visiting, putting together Christmas cards and adding our special touches, talking about Jesus with Lala and enjoying her reaction to the Christmas trees and everything that goes with it. There's just something about the Christmas carols, listening to the choir in the sunday service, shopping for our Angel Tree child, and going to the women's Christmas dinner that really warms my heart.

This year is tough though. I find myself thinking an awful lot about my aunt. I really miss her. It's almost like I don't want anyone to ask about her because it makes my heart sad that she's not here this year. It's all I can do to keep my composure when someone asks my cousin
or my grandmother if they're doing ok. I don't think there is an adjective out there to describe how they are. I think most days my grandmother runs the gamut of feelings. I don't know about Rachel. I really just don't know what to do for her or how to help her, so i'm hoping that support and love will do for now. I know how much I miss her mom and so I can't even bear to think about how much she misses her.

Well, so much for a happy post. It's just that sometimes I get so caught up in the busyness of life that I don't really think about what is actually happening. I pray for all of you that your Christmas season is filled with Christ, love, time to remember and reflect on those you love, peace in your hearts, and a joy that's unending.

No comments: